Miracle Noodle Baked Ziti Family Style
- Good Points
- High in calcium
- High in phosphorus
- Serving Size 157 g
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 309 Calories from Fat 190
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat 21.1g32%
- Saturated Fat 8.9g45%
- Trans Fat 0.1g
- Cholesterol 54mg18%
- Sodium 716mg30%
- Potassium 108mg3%
- Total Carbohydrates 8.0g3%
- Dietary Fiber 1.3g5%
- Sugars 3.5g
- Protein 22.4mg
- Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 12%
- Calcium 3.5% Iron 5%
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 6-8 packages of Miracle Noodle Ziti.
- 1 ½ lbs of ground beef or sausage.
- Olive Oil.
- 1 onion (optional).
- 3-5 cloves garlic (optional).
- 1 16oz pack of Mozzarella and 1 8oz of Mozzarella
- 16 oz of your favorite Marina sauce with no added sugars. Or home made marina
- Another 16oz of Marina to serve on top (optional) Kosher Salt
- Start by filling a huge tall pot with water and dump all your Ziti into it.
- Just using your hands, swish around the noodles to rinse and then drain in a colander.
- Take that pot and put on high heat and slightly heat it up and then dump the ziti into the pot.
- There will be a lot of liquid and you need to get rid of all that liquid by letting it simmer for quite a while (about 15 or more minutes).
- Add about a tablespoon of salt for all of these packages for seasoning. Less salt for less noodles. They need salt just like pasta does.
- Keep tossing the noodles until they are almost sticking to the pot and all the liquid is gone.
- Have your marina ready for use. As soon as the noodles start sticking turn off the heat and add one 16oz jar of and stir.
- While you are letting the noodles cook you can work on the meat.
- Heat up a large skillet with a good drizzle of Olive oil and if you are using the onion and garlic, first add chopped onion and saute for a few minute then add chopped garlic.
- (You can definitely skip it and just add the ground meat and season with salt, garlic powder and onion powder)
- After onions and garlic are cooked, remove and set aside or it could burn.
- Add your meat to skillet and cook to a deep crusty brown.
- Add your onions and garlic back into the pan stir to combine and turn off the heat.
- Take your ground meat mixture and pour it into the Ziti noodles and stir it all up.
- Now add the shredded Mozzarella and stir again to combine. Pour into a slightly large oiled casserole pan and spread it out evenly.
- Top it with the 8oz of the mozzarella.
- Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes until all the cheese is melted and slightly brown.
- Serve with extra marina on top if you want saucy ziti. And don't forget the freshly grated Parmesan Cheese. Enjoy!!