Gessica's Spicy Miracle Fettuccine with Korean BBQ Chicken and Italian Veggies
- Good Points
- Low in sugar
- High in niacin
- High in selenium
- Serving Size 521 g
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 728Calories from Fat 413
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat 45.9g71%
- Saturated Fat 9.6g48%
- Cholesterol 202mg67%
- Sodium 1173mg49%
- Potassium 586mg17%
- Total Carbohydrates 6.7g2%
- Sugars 2.8g
- Protein 68.1g
- Vitamin A 2%Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 4%Iron 17%
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 2 servings of Miracle Fettuccine
- approximately 1lb or 4 chicken thighs, skinless, boneless
- 4-5 tbs of marinade of your choice. I used a spicy Korean BBQ marinade
- 1-2 lb of fresh mixed veggies (I used medium size 1 eggplant,1 red pepper, 1 onion, 2 zucchini), quantity is indicative, that’s healthy stuff!
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 1 tbs chili oil or siracha
- 1/2 lime (optional)
- Heat cast iron skillet in the oven (just the broil) for at least 30 minutes or more, I believe a super hot and fast cooking is the best way to have a crispy outside and juicy inside meat.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken thighs, then marinade and keep in the fridge in a bowl until oven is ready (if you have the chance to prepare the chicken a few hours in advance, or even the night before, it’s even better)
- Saute’ in a pan the veggies with the Extra Virgin Oil (EVO) until tender or to taste, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the Miracle Fettuccine as instructed and let them dry well in a pan until they crackle (once the veggies are done, you can use the same pan without washing it) adding the sesame oil, soy sauce and chili oil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Take carefully out of the oven the cast iron skillet, add promptly the chicken thighs and put them in the oven again letting them cook for approximately 5-7 minutes, according to the chicken thighs size. Check them after 5 minutes, turn them and cook another 2-3 minutes or until nicely brown to your taste. The marinade would look like slightly burning in the pan but no panic!
- Put the fettuccine on a serving plate together with veggies and chicken, sprinkle with fresh lime and enjoy !