Shirataki Sesame Miracle Noodles
- Good Points
- No cholesterol
- Low in sodium
- Very high in vitamin C
- Serving Size: 123 g
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 175 Calories from Fat 129
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat 14.3g22%
- Saturated Fat 2.0g10%
- Cholesterol 0mg0%
- Sodium 34mg8%
- Potassium 264mg3%
- Total Carbohydrates 9.8g17%
- Dietary Fiber 4.2g37%
- Sugars 2.9g
- Protein 4.4g
- Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 51%
- Calcium 14% Iron 14%
- Nutrition Grade A-
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 1 (7oz) bag Miracle Noodles, Angel Hair
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large scallion, chopped
- Heat a small skillet over medium-low heat and use it to toast the sesame seeds, about 2 minutes, just until golden. Watch out so that they don't burn. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- Using scissors, open the shirataki noodles package. Pour its contents into a colander. Ignore the slightly fishy smell - it will rinse/cook out. Rinse the noodles under cold running water for 30 seconds.
- Use clean kitchen scissors to cut the noodles in half - they are too long to eat as they are.
- By now, your water should be boiling. Transfer the noodles to the boiling water, bring back to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.
- While the noodles boil, heat a clean, dry medium-sized nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pour the cooked noodles back into the colander and drain well. Transfer the noodles to the hot skillet and dry-roast them (adding no oil to the skillet), stirring, for 1-2 minutes, until they are visibly dry and make a squeaking sound when moved in the skillet. This step will get rid of the shirataki's rubbery texture, and help the noodles better absorb the sauce.
- While the noodles are dry-roasting, use a fork to mix together the sesame paste, soy sauce, rice vinegar and red pepper flakes. Add the mixture to the dry noodles in the skillet (use a small rubber spatula to scrape it all off the mixing bowl) along with the shredded cabbage. Stir-fry until the noodles and cabbage are thoroughly coated, 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the heat off. Transfer the noodles to an individual bowl. Drizzle with the fat free Asian dressing and top with the sesame seeds and chopped scallion. Enjoy immediately.