Miracle Noodle Baked Ziti
- Servings 6.0
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 346
- %Daily Value*
- Total Fat 18 g27%
- Saturated Fat 8g41%
- Monounsaturated Fat 4g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 120mg40%
- Sodium 535mg22%
- Potassium 53mg2%
- Total Carbohydrates 13g4%
- Dietary Fiber 2g7%
- Sugars 7g
- Protein 35g70%
- Vitamin A 32%
- Vitamin c 36%
- Calcium 51%
- Iron 15%
- Nutrition Grade A
* Based on a 2000 calorie die.
- 2-7 oz.Bags Miracle Noodle Ziti
- 1 Tbls Avocado Oil
- 1 lb Ground Beef (93% lean)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbls Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cans diced tomatoes - no salt added
- 12 oz. whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- Prepare Miracle Noodle Ziti. Rinse and drain it.
- Microwave it on high power for 3 minutes, then rinse and drain again.
- Press out excess moisture using a clean towel or allow to drain while preparing sauce.
- Brown ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
- Add oil to same pan. Add onion and garlic. Saute 5 minutes. Add seasoning, fennel, salt and pepper. Cook an additional 5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add two cans of diced tomatoes and the browned ground beef. Simmer on low for 25 minutes or until sauce thickens somewhat. Remove sauce from heat and allow to cool about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the ricotta cheese, half of the Parmesan, and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese in a bowl. Add the beaten egg and combine.
- Add about 1/4 cup of the prepared sauce into the cheese mix. Add the noodles. Stir gently to combine.
- Spray a 7'x11" Pyrex glass dish or similar with non-stick cooking spray. Lay out half the noodle mixture. Then layer half the remaining sauce.
- Add a layer of half the remaining mozzarella and half the remaining Parmesan. Repeat layers, starting with noodles, sauce, and cheese.
- Place in a 350° oven for 35-45 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and ziti is bubbly. Allow to sit 8 minutes before serving.
- You may make this ahead of time and refrigerate the ziti prior to baking. I wouldn't recommend freezing it.