This is a versatile recipe. Baby spinach or torn black kale leaves can substitute for the arugula. Or with shrimp, diced chicken, or cubes of fresh mozzarella added, it can be a main course. Have all the ingredients ready-to-go, because it only takes about 5 minutes to cook. If a very large skillet isn’t available, just use a large pot.
- 4 first-course servings
- 2 7-ounce bags Ziti Miracle Noodles
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, smashed, peeled, finely chopped (about 4 teaspoons)
- ¼ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 3 cups halved teardrop, cherry, and/or grape tomatoes (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups (packed) baby arugula (about 3 ounces)
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Prepare the ziti according to the package directions and set aside.
- Combine the oil, garlic, and dried crushed pepper in a large nonstick skillet (13- to 14-inch diameter). Cook over medium-high heat 1 minute, or until the garlic is fragrant (do not brown the garlic). Add the tomatoes. Using 2 heatproof rubber spatulas, toss 1 minute, or until the tomatoes are warmed through. Add the ziti; toss 1 minute to coat. Add the vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss 1 minute for ziti to absorb some dressing. Turn off the heat. Add the arugula and toss 1 minute, or until the arugula begins to reduce in volume and turn a deeper green. Mix in ¼ cup cheese.
- Divide the salad among 4 plates. Serve immediately, passing more cheese.
Posted in Recipes