Grilled Halibut with Puttanesca Salsa and Parmesan Miracle Noodles
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Total Time:20 minutes
Adapted from a recipe found in Fitness Magazine May 2010 issue
- 1-3 bags of Miracle Noodle Fettuccini
- ½ cup fat free low-sodium chicken broth.
- ¼ cup of dry white wine.
- 1/2 tablespoon dark sesame oil.
- 2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- 4-6 halibut fillets.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil.
- 1-2 teaspoons of salt.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes quartered.
- 8 large pitted Kalamata olives slivered?1 tablespoon drains capers.
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh basil
- Open Miracle Noodle bag and empty noodles into a colander, draining the water that they are packed in. Boil noodles for one minute, drain and squeeze out excess water with a hand towel and set aside. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and then sauté 3 cloves of minced garlic for about 30 seconds. Then add noodle and ?toss in the olive oil and garlic. Add ½ cup of chicken stock and ¼ cup of dry white wine to the noodles and simmer for approx. 3-5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- While noodles are cooking heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Brush the halibut with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and season with a ¼ teaspoon of the salt. You can also add a sprinkling of pepper to this if you wish (I did) Grill until just cooked through, 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to platter.
- Combine the tomatoes, olives and capers in a medium bowl. Warm the remaining olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining garlic and red pepper ; sauté until just fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in remaining salt.
- Toss garlic with tomato mixture. Add basil and toss well.
- Serve the fish over the noodles and top with the Puttanesca Salsa.
Nutritional Info: Serving Size - 1 Halibut Fillet with Noodles - Calories 290
- Total Fat 9.9g
- Saturated Fat 1.7g
- Cholesterol 67mg
- Sodium 1312
- Carbs 1.5g
- Protein 43.6