Chicken and Wine Pasta Bake
Winner! Winner! It's time for a chicken dinner. This recipe from Elsie makes enough for 3. Try this for your weeknight dinner this week!
Recipe by Elsie Yan of @lowcarbrecipeideas.
3 packs of Miracle Noodle Organic Spaghetti
700 g chicken cutlets
500 g button mushrooms (sliced)
1/4 cup minced garlic
1/4 cup minced shallots
1 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup white wine
1 cup chicken stock
Salt to taste
Cooking oil & butter
Parsley for garnishing
SEASONINGS FOR CHICKEN:
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp paprika powder
2 tsp black pepper
3 to 4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rinse Miracle Noodle for 15 sec, drain, and then boil for 2 mins. Drain and dry roast in a pan without oil until noodles "squeak" when moved. This removes excess water. Set aside.
2. Add seasonings to chicken. Pan fry with cooking oil until half cooked. Set aside. It's best to fry a piece to test the taste and adjust accordingly if necessary. Set aside.
3. In the same pan, add some butter and sautee the mushrooms with a pinch of salt until caramelized. Add minced shallots and garlic. Stir fry for a while, then add white wine and chicken stock. Simmer for a bit and then add spaghetti. Mix well. Adjust taste accordingly.
4. Transfer spaghetti to an oven-safe dish. Top with chicken cutlets and Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake in the oven at 400F/200C for about 10 to 15 mins or until the cheese has melted.
6. Remove dish, top w/more cheese, and garnish with chopped parsley.