You can make a mouthwatering Crispy Tofu Noodle Bowl within 20 minutes. The kale, tofu, cucumber, and Miracle Noodle shirataki noodles in this recipe are loaded with proteins and potassium. It pairs perfectly with the peanut sauce.
14 oz extra firm tofu
2 packages of Miracle Noodle Angel Hair Noodle
1 bunch lacinto kale, chopped and drizzled with 1 tsp EVOO + juice of 1 lemon
1 English cucumber, spiralized
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp maple syrup or agave
1 tsp liquid aminos
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame seeds
SWEET AND SPICY PEANUT SAUCE:
1/4 C water + 1/4 C powdered peanut butter (can sub for regular peanut butter)
1-2 limes, juiced (adjust to preference)
2 TBSP rice vinegar
2 TBSP chili garlic sauce
1 TBSP maple syrup or agave
1 TBSP coconut aminos or soy sauce
2 TBSP chopped peanuts
1. Stand your block of tofu on one of its long ends and slice lengthwise into 3 flat slabs. Lay slabs on top of a towel, rest another towel on top, and top with something heavy like a cast iron skillet. Press for 15 minutes to remove excess moisture.
2. Heat 1 tsp oil in a cast iron skillet over medium low heat. Arrange *unseasoned* tofu in a single layer. (Unseasoned naked tofu gets the CRISPIEST!) Let cook for 5-6 minutes. Do NOT attempt to flip until you can easily wiggle the tofu with chopsticks and the underside is golden. Repeat on second side.
3. Massage kale until tender.
4. Toss cucumber with remaining bowl ingredients.
5. In a separate bowl, mix all ingredients for peanut sauce. Season to taste.
6. Add all ingredients to bowls and top with peanut sauce!
Posted in Recipes