Instant Pot Paleo Pho
Make your own Pho with our low-carb noodles! Check out what our fan Cindy created in her Instant Pot. You can also try this in a large stockpot on the stove. Just know that cooking times may vary, and you will need to skim the top from the chicken.
"Pho is a traditional Vietnamese dish packed with flavor and nourishing ingredients. It has brought me back to life from a bad hangover on numerous occasions. It’s delicious and warm and, thanks to @instantpotofficial on Instagram, very easily to make! I usually freeze half of the broth."
Recipe by Cindy Bowen of @wholehumanfood on Instagram.
Makes about 8 servings
3 packages of Miracle Noodle Angel Hair
2 lbs chicken breast
2 lbs chicken wings - bone in and skin on
1 stalk lemon grass
2 medium yellow onions - quartered
2 tsp coriander seeds
2 tsp cardamom seeds
2 cinnamon sticks
3 star anise
4 whole cloves
2 inch piece of ginger root
1/4 cup fish sauce
1. Prepare Miracle Noodle according to package. Set aside.
2. Put raw chicken in the bottom of your Instant Pot so that it evenly covers the bottom.
3. Add lemon grass, onions, coriander and cardamom seeds, cinnamon sticks, anise, cloves, ginger, and fish sauce.
4. Add enough water so that all ingredients are covered. Note - be mindful of the maximum fill line on your Instant Pot. Make sure you do not exceed this line.
5. Secure the lid and set your Instant Pot to the soup/broth setting and cook at high pressure.
6. Once your broth has finished cooking (~4 hrs), carefully drain the broth, set aside the chicken, and discard the other ingredients.
7. After chicken has cooled slightly, remove bones and skin from the chicken wings. Pull apart the rest of the chicken meat and add the meat back into the broth. Add Miracle Noodle and let flavors absorb for a few minutes.
8. When you’re ready to eat your Pho, garnish with bean sprouts, limes, jalapeño slices, and fresh herbs.