Our Ambassador Chris Bautista has done it again, and tastily so! Check out his latest take on carbonara using our pasta!
*Note original recipe calls for Ready-to-Eat Hearts of Palm Pasta. Due to product availability in Canada, we a subbing with our Miracle Noodle Organic Spaghetti.
1 cup of thick cut bacon, chopped
1/4 cup of sliced shallots
4 minced garlic cloves
3 large egg yolks
1 tbs of water
1/4 cup of grated pecorino or Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp of ground fennel seeds
Freshly cracked black pepper
1-2 packs of Miracle Noodle Organic Spaghetti, prepared according to package
1. Place yolks in a bowl and add 1 tbs of warm water, 1 tbsp of percornio or Parmesan cheese, and mix together thoroughly with a fork. Set aside.
2. In a large pan on medium high heat, place your bacon and cook. Render all the fat and move around in the pan to ensure all sides become crispy and brown. Do not drain fat from pan.
3. Add shallots, fennel seeds, and garlic. Mix thoroughly. This will cook quickly. Be careful to not burn your garlic.
4. Ad in your freshly cracked black pepper. Move ingredients around.
5. Add Miracle Noodle to the dish, and let the flavors from the pan absorb into the pasta. Mix everything throughly using tongs. Throw in some more fresh ground black pepper. Add a little sea salt.
6. Turn off heat, and mix around everything some more, releasing steam. Let things cool down a bit, because next you will be adding in the egg mixture, and you don't want to end up with scrambled eggs in your carbonara.
7. Thrown in your egg mixture to marry with the rest of your delicious meal, making it creamy and delicious, making sure the egg does not overcook. Add some more cheese and mix in thoroughly. So delicious!