Low-Carb Sausage Baby Cornbread Stuffing with Miracle Noodle Angel Hair
Whose ready for some low-carb stuffing goodness? WE ARE! Audrey Parker is one of our new Ambassadors!
Audrey is the Mastermind behind @creative_low_carb_fusion on Instagram and Facebook at @creativelowcarbfusion. Her mission to to show others how delicious low-carb cooking can be. She is showing us her new recipe!
Make your stuffing with our Miracle Noodle Angel Hair!
1 Bag of Miracle Noodles, any variety (I used angel hair)
2 large eggs
1/3 cup melted butter
1/3 cup coconut flour
2 tablespoons of psyllium flakes
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 can of baby corn, chopped; save liquid from the can
Up to 1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon of corn flavor (optional)
1. Rinse and drain Miracle Noodles and prepare according to package instructions. (I dry the noodles by pan frying in a non-stick skillet until the noodles start to 'squeak'). Set aside to cool.
2. Roughly chop baby corn and add to a dry, non-stick pan.
3. Dry roast over medium-high heat until lightly browned.
4. Combine reserved corn liquid from the can with water to make at least a 1/2 cup of liquid.
5. Add noodles to a food processor and process until smooth.
6. Add eggs, coconut flour, psyllium, salt, baking powder and melted butter. Pulse until well blended.
7. Add roasted baby corn and pulse until the corn is completely mixed in, and the mixture forms a soft, wet dough.
8. Remove from processor and spread dough onto a parchment lined baking pan (or use a silicone sheet).
9. Use a spatula to gently press dough to make it about 1/2 inch thick.
10. Bake at 325° for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. It does not rise very much and does not have to be brown, as the bread will be further cooked when making the stuffing.
Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
11. Once cooled, cut into small (1/2 inch) cubes and set aside.
1 lb bulk pork sausage
2 ribs of celery, chopped (approximately 1 cup)
1 cup chopped onion
4-5 sprigs of fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 teaspoon sage
1/4 teaspoon rosemary
1/8 teaspoon thyme
1 tablespoon butter
Miracle Noodle Baby Corn bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 - 1 cup of chicken broth or bouillon
1. Fry sausage until brown.
2. Remove from pan and drain grease, reserving 1 tablespoon.
3. Add celery, onion, pepper, sage, rosemary and thyme to the pan with the reserved sausage grease.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Saute until onions are translucent. Do not brown. Set aside.
6. In separate large pan, add butter and melt over medium-high heat.
7. When butter is melted, add the cubes of bread and cook until lightly toasted.
8. Add vegetables and sausage to the pan and stir to mix.
9. Add enough chicken broth until desired consistency.
10. Cook to heat through while stirring to make sure all the bread is moistened. I used 1/2 cup of broth to make the stuffing part way between dry and moist. Use less broth to keep the cubes intact or more broth to make a moist stuffing.
11. Taste and add additional salt if needed.