Low-carb Shrimp and Angel Hair PastaGuest recipe by: The Pescetarian and the Pig
Low-carb pasta dish using shirataki Miracle Noodles as a base with stir-fried shrimp and vegetables.
Recipe type: Pescetarian
- ½ lb. Peeled and Deveined White Shrimp
- 1 Tbsp. Ponzu Sauce
- 2 tsp. Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Pouch Angel Hair Style Miracle Noodles
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Broccoli Florets
- 1 Cup Shitake or Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- ¼ Cup Diced Green Bell Pepper
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 Tbsp. Freshly Chopped Cilantro
- Pour Miracle Noodles through a strainer and rinse well.
- In a small bowl, toss shrimp with Ponzu Sauce, Soy Sauce, and garlic. Cover and set aside.
- In a wok or a frying pan over medium-high heat, toss broccoli and olive oil together, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes.
- Add water and mushrooms and continue to stir occasionally for another 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and sauces to the wok and continue to stir. After a minute, add the miracle noodles. Continue to stir occasionally until the shrimp has turned red and cooked (about 3-5 minutes).
- Finally, remove from heat and toss in fresh cilantro. Serve with a sprig of cilantro or parsley for garnish.
To make this dish gluten free, use gluten free soy sauce and Ponzu sauce. Alternatively, if you can not find Ponzu sauce, replace with 2 tsp. soy sauce and 2 tsp. lemon juice.
Posted in RecipesPrint