It’s chilly out, which means it’s chili time for eats and bringing on the heat! Check out how Alysa made hers with our rice!
Serves: 5 Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cooking Time: 1 Hour
1 pack of Miracle Rice
1 (15 ounces) can pumpkin puree
1 1/4 cup lupini beans (spicy chili flavor)
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 yellow onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 large carrots, diced
1 packet miracle noodle rice
1 cup dino kale, chopped
1 1/4 cup vegetable broth
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cumin
Ground pepper to taste
Pink salt to taste
1/4 c scallions, chopped (for topping)
1. Prepared Miracle Rice according to package. Set aside.
2. Chop all of your veggies.
3. Heat a large pot with the olive oil on med/low heat.
4. Add onion, carrots and bell pepper to the pot w/olive oil. Allow veggies to sauté for about 15 mins, stirring continuously.
5. Once your veggies are cooked well, add in pumpkin puree, tomato paste, vegetable broth, and spices. Stir well.
6. Take your miracle rice out of the packaging, and rinse with water, then squeeze out the excess water.
7. After that marinates for about 30 minutes, add in the lupini beans, miracle rice and the dino kale. Mix well.
8. Turn the heat on the pot down to low and allow to simmer for at least an hour.
9. Top the finished product with scallions and enjoy!
Tip: The chili goes really well with some pepper jack vegan cheese, avocado, and scallions on top.