Ambassador Claudia Curici came up with this patriotic Grain-free Granola and Miracle Rice Pudding recipe with fresh berries. Make these two combinations complete by layering granola with the Miracle Rice Pudding and berries!
"Granola made with green plantains, a variety of nuts and hemp seeds, few dry figs, coconut butter and oil + simple miracle rice pudding with homemade macadamia milk and Agar Agar + a handful of seasonal, fresh, organic berries.
I don’t have a garden, but with the hot weather in Dallas, I’m inspired to make all kind of treats that would be perfect to make ahead and have at any time of day outside. This combination of tastes and texture is amazing. I hope you are trying to make this; it’s so delicious and refreshing. Plus you can make many jars in advance.
For the rice pudding, I used one bag of Miracle Rice, and that only makes two portions. If you want to make more, you have to double or triple. Use 1 cup of non-dairy milk for each bag." - Claudia AKA @creativeinmykitchen on Instagram
MIRACLE RICE PUDDING INGREDIENTS:
1 pack Miracle Rice
1 cup macadamia milk (mix 1 1/2 tbsp raw macadamia butter + 6 oz water in a blender, on high, until smooth).
3 tbsp macadamia nuts, minced in a food processor (you want some crunch, so don't over mix).
3-4 tbsps shredded coconut
1 tbsp agar agar
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Prepare the Miracle Rice: drain it, rinse it, and boil it for 2, 3 mins.
2. Take the Miracle Rice, mix and cook for few more minutes and add the macadamia milk and the vanilla extract. Add the shredded coconut and the chopped macadamia nuts. bring to a boil.
3. Simmer and mix for about 5 minutes (low heat). Add 1 tsp of agar agar and simmer for 5 more minutes.
4. Let cool, agar agar will thicken once cold. Serve cold, garnish with berries and granola.
1 green plantain, peeled and sliced
1 cup walnuts
1/2 cup pecans
1 + 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (divided)
4 tablespoons of hemp hearts
3 tablespoons of coconut butter
3 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
1. Heat the oven to 300 F.
2. In a food processor, pulse the nuts and 1/2 cup coconut flakes, until they break down, but not completely ground. You want some texture with the nuts being different sizes. Add the mixture to a bowl.
3. In the same food processor, add the sliced banana, coconut butter and oil, and chopped figs. Pulse until mixed. Add this mixture to the bowl of nuts.
4. Add the hemp hearts, vanilla, and salt. Mix well with a spoon.
5. Add the mixture to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for about 40 minutes, mixing occasionally and keeping an eye on it at the end to make sure the coconut flakes do not burn.
7. Let cool, and store in a glass jar in the fridge for about a week.
8. Serve with cold milk alternative of your choice (I prefer unsweetened original hemp milk).
Posted in RecipesPrint