This delicious and low-carb take on a classic dish comes from Ambassador, Rebecca Spitzer. She is a wonder! Rebecca is always surprising us with incredible low-calorie creations that are filling and delicious! Try this as a main course or as an hearty side dish!
1 cup beef broth⠀
2 tablespoon gelatin⠀
1 teaspoon oil of choice⠀
1 pound ground turkey (or beef, if you prefer)⠀
3 ounces celery, diced⠀
3 ounces carrots, diced⠀
3 cloves garlic⠀
1 bag Miracle Rice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce⠀
1 teaspoon parsley⠀
1 teaspoon thyme
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 oz shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Prep gelatin broth: mix 1 cup of broth with 2 tbsp (2 packets) of gelatin and set aside.
3. In a large pan or dutch oven, heat oil over high heat until it shimmers. ⠀
4. Add ground meat and brown, breaking up into small pieces with a wooden spoon or spatula. ⠀
5. When meat is browned and no pink remains, add carrots, celery, and garlic and cook until softened, 3-5 minutes. ⠀
6. Drain and rinse Miracle Rice, and add to meat along with gelatin broth, Worcestershire sauce, and herbs. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes until liquid is reduced. ⠀
7. While meat sauce simmer, beat eggs and cream together; set aside. ⠀
8. Pour meat and Miracle Rice sauce into oven safe dish; flattened down, it shouldn't fill it more than 2/3 full. Pour eggs over the top, then top with cheese. ⠀
9. Bake for 30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbling. ⠀
10. Chill for 15 minutes, then serve.
1.Miracle Rice does a great job here of creating volume in the ground meat mixture while keeping it super moist.
2. Fluffy eggs replace mashed potatoes; if you're not low carb, potatoes or cauliflower will do just as well. The celery/carrot mix can also benefit from an onion or peas if you eat those; I don't. ⠀
3. Depending on what nutrition macros you're going for, this could use beef or lamb instead of turkey, more heavy cream in your eggs (up to 1 cup), or more eggs (up to a dozen).
Posted in RecipesPrint