Paleo Chicken Pad Thai
If you've never tried shirataki noodles and are worried about not getting the same taste and texture as traditional noodles, check this out. Sisters Jacqueline and Jennifer are here to tell you all about their first experience with Miracle Noodle and share their recipe!
"I had heard of shirataki noodles from Miracle Noodle for years and can admit I had been skeptical to try them...until tonight. My opinion: Why did I not try them sooner? When cooked properly, they replicate real noodles more than any other noodle substitute I've tried, and I've tried everything!"
1 lb boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 bags of Miracle Noodle Angel Hair
1 white onion, diced
2 large eggs
1/4 cup cashews, crushed
1 lime, sliced
3 green onions, sliced thin
Pad Thai Sauce:
1/4 cup paleo-friendly ketchup
3 tbsp coconut aminos
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp smooth almond butter
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1. Combine all sauce ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Prepare Miracle Noodle as per instructions on packaging.
3. Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the noodles to the skillet. Cook the noodles for 5-6 minutes, flipping and stirring with tongs to make sure they do not dry out. Move to a bowl and set aside.
4. Spray the skillet with cooking spray and cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink and then set aside.
5. Re-spray the skillet with cooking spray and scramble both eggs, set aside with the chicken
6. Add the diced onion to the skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes or until softened, then return the chicken, eggs, and noodles to the skillet.
7. Pour the Pad Thai sauce into the skillet and cook until heated through, mixing well to make sure everything is evenly coated. Serve and garnish with the crushed cashews, sliced green onion, and fresh limes!