Ambassador Audrey has been experimenting with infusions with our keto-friendly Miracle Rice to play with complimentary flavor profiles in her dishes. Check out her wine flavored rice! You can find Audrey's incredible low-carb creations on Facebook at Creative Low Carb Fusion!
"A few months ago, I saw a recipe for pasta that had been cooked in red wine, and it's been in the back of my head to infuse some type of wine into either Miracle Noodle or Miracle Rice. I've used flavored teas and fruit-flavored beverages to infuse various flavors into the Miracle Rice, and it was very easy to do the same, using wine.
In this recipe, I used Miracle Rice and pinot noir red wine, because I felt the pinot noir would complement the salmon. The wine gave the Miracle rice subtle floral and berry fruit flavors.
I like the crisp skin on the salmon, but you can make the salmon without the skin if that is your preference. To get the skin crisp, the skin needs to be dry, and the pan very hot. Use a paper towel to remove any moisture from the skin and use a cast iron pan. It's more difficult to get the skin crisp in a non-stick pan."
Pan Seared Salmon over Pinot Noir Infused Miracle Rice
1 package of Miracle Rice
1 cup Pinot Noir wine
1/2 lb of salmon filet, with skin on, divided into two portions
1 tablespoon oil (I use peanut oil because it has a high cook smoke point, but vegetable, corn, safflower oil can be used)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes.
2. Add oil to pan and increase heat to high.
3. Season salmon with salt and pepper.
4. Place salmon in pan, skin side up, and cook for 3 minutes.
Flip salmon and cook for approximately 5 minutes, or until skin is brown and crisp. Salmon is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
5. While salmon is cooking, prepare the Miracle rice by draining and rinsing of all the packaging liquid. Put wine and Miracle Rice into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Turn off heat and let rice sit in the hot wine (about 5 minutes) until the salmon is ready. Drain any remaining liquid from the rice before serving.
7. Serve salmon over the wine-infused Miracle Rice.
NOTE: The infused Miracle rice can be made ahead of time and refrigerated in the wine liquid until ready to use.