Sometimes you just want a comforting meal. This casserole brings it with veggies, cheese, tuna, and our low-carb, guilt-free noodles!
3 packages of Miracle Noodle Ziti
3 cans of tuna
2 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup almond flour
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2.. Soak Miracle Noodle for 5 minutes, rinse thoroughly and drain.
3. Stir fry noodles in a dry pan over medium-high heat until noodle feels as if they are sticking to the pan.
4. Pour noodles into a baking dish and add tuna. Set aside.
5. Melt butter over low heat. Add in the green onions, mushrooms, and carrots. Saute the veggies for 3 minutes.
6. Add salt and pepper. Sprinkle in garlic powder and xanthan gum over the vegetables.
7. Quickly add in cream and stir. Your mixture should start thickening immediately but keep on the heat until it begins to bubble.
8. Stir the cream mixture into the noodles.
9. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and then almond flour.
10. Bake at 350°F, 40-45 minutes or until top begins to brown.