Veggie Stir Fry with Miracle Rice
How much color is on your dinner plate? Mel shows us the colors of the rainbow with tons of veggies and our keto-friendly shirataki rice!
"Vegetable stir fry and toasted almonds on a bed of nutty arugula:
Sometimes on keto , we eat so much meat and forget about the important veggies. I was vegan and plant-based for about 3 years prior to transitioning to keto and find its refreshing to have something fresh and light once in a while.
Also, I have to say, my favourite Miracle Noodle product right now is definitely the rice!"
1 yellow onion, diced
1 yellow or red pepper, sliced
2 medium zucchinis, diced
10-12 grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup green onion, roughly chopped
2 cups mushrooms of your choice (or eliminate; I used cremini)
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp paprika
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 cups arugula for the pan, 2 cups for the plate
2 bags MIracle Rice, drained and rinsed well
4 basil leaves
FOR THE VEGGIES:
1. In a skillet, heat up olive oil and throw in onions and garlic
2. Allow to cook under medium heat, until fragrant and translucent
3. Add in zucchini and allow to cook for 12 mins.
4. Throw in salt, pepper, paprika
5. Add in red/yellow pepper and allow to soften.
6. Throw in arugula and let wilt
7. Once all of this is mixed, add in the mushrooms and cover for 3 mins
8. Let mushrooms sweat a bit, throw in the tomatoes
9. Put in a few leaves of basil, and remove from heat. You don’t want soggy tomatoes.
FOR THE RICE:
1. Drain your shirataki rice and rinse well. In a heated skillet, add the rice and allow to cook until you hear a popping sound, indicating the rice is dehydrated. salt and pepper to taste
2. Plate the fresh arugula at the base, and top with your rice, followed by the veggies. Garnish with green onion, cilantro, parsley, or any other favorites. I quickly toasted some almonds in oil (butter if you are not vegan, but I wanted to keep this totally animal-free). They burn fast so don’t walk away!