Vietnamese Noodle Salad with Lemongrass Chicken
Try this fresh recipe bursting with flavor from lemongrass, garlic, kaffir lime leaves, turmeric and paprika! BOOM!
Recipe by ChihYu Smith @iheartumami.ny
Picture by Brad of @apinchofpride
1 stick lemongrass
0.2 oz. clove garlic
2.8 oz. shallot, about 1 large bulb
5 whole kaffir lime leaves (dried)
½ t coarse salt
½ t paprika
¼ t turmeric powder
¼ t black pepper
1 T fish sauce
1 T apple juice, or 1 tsp Lakanto Monkfruit sweetener for keto
1 T olive oil
1.5 lbs chicken thighs, boneless/skinless
Vietnamese Noodle salad:
14-16 oz. of Miracle Noodle Angel Hair, prepared
Fresh mint, basil, julienned carrots, sliced cucumbers, cilantro
Vietnamese dipping sauce (Nuoc Cham)
1. To prepare lemongrass, slice roughly 1.5 in off from the base of the stalk. Trim the top. The total length of the stalk should roughly be around 4-inches. Peel of any dry and tough outer layers then roughly dice it.
2. In a small food processor, blend the ingredients from lemongrass to olive oil. Scrape the bowl and pulse a few times until the lemongrass is finely chopped.
3. Gently flatten the chicken thighs to even thickness, using a meat pounder or a flat bottle over a piece of parchment paper to about ¼ inch-thick.
4. In a large mixing bowl, pour the lemongrass mixture over chicken thighs. Use your hands to rub the mixture over each layer gently. Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight or at least 30 minutes.
5. When you are ready, grill the chickens with avocado oil for about 3-5 minutes per side or until the chickens are completely cooked through. Slice the chicken to bite sizes.
To serve: Divide the noodles over 4 individual serving bowls and add chicken on top of the noodles. Place mint, basil, carrots, cucumbers, and cilantro over a large serving plate so that everyone can pick-and-choose. Serve the nuoc cham dipping sauce on the side. Drizzle and mix-in before serving.